From flower-filled alpine meadows to streams lined with delicate Scouler’s corydalis blooms, and from lakes covered in water lilies to Dr. Seussian drifts of bear grass, Washington offers something for every hiker--and flower lover. Brothers Nathan and Jeremy Barnes lead hikers on 50 trails to seasonal floral displays, ranging across varied landscapes. Features include:
- Basics of wildflower identification
- Tips for photographing wildflowers
- “Hike Finder,” which includes flowering season, trail difficulty, distance, and more
- 50 detailed wildflower profiles, including common and botanical names, description, botanical background
- Stunning images throughout
Along with its showcased species, each handpicked route includes a detailed topo map, turn-by-turn route description, history of the area, and list of other wildflowers found along the trail.