Urban Trails: Olympia focuses on the trails and parks in and around the South Sound, including the Olympia, Tumwater, and Lacey areas. It covers hikes in Capitol State Forest, Harstine Island, the area around Shelton, and the Nisqually Delta. This book introduces locals and visitors alike to places in the state’s capital to go for a refreshing run, long walk, or peaceful hike right in their own backyards. With an emphasis on fitness and easy access to the outdoors, features of this guide include:
- Trailhead directions, including public transit where available
- “Know Before You Go” tips for park hours, events, etc.
- Trail distance and high point
- Trailhead amenities
- Info for families and dog owners
- Sidebars on area history, nature, or special sights